Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 29.58 ml corn oil
- 295.73 ml onions, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 1.23 ml basil leaves
- 1.23 ml oregano
- 1.23 ml cumin, ground
- 473.18 ml zucchini, diced
- 236.59 ml carrot, diced
- 907.18 g tomatoes, diced
- 566.99 g can chickpeas, drained
- 453.59 g can kidney beans, undrained
- In 5-quart saucepan heat oi l.
- Add onion, garlic, chili powder, basil leaves, oregano and cumin.
- Cook, stirring, 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add zucchini and carrots.
- Cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 30 to 35 minutes.
This was a nice healthy soup and he kids wanted more. I added 1/2 teaspoon of the basil, oregano and cumin. I also added 1/2 teaspoon sugar and 1 tablespoon of tomato paste. I'll be making this again. Made for *Bargain Basement 2009* game