Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
- 1 (20 ounce) can red kidney beans, partly drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can great northern beans, partly drained
- 1 (1 lb) can tomatoes, partly drained
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
- Saute onions in oil.
- Add ingredients.
- Simmer 20 to 25 minutes.
- Celery should be crisp.
- Serve over rice or with bread and salad.
- May be frozen in oiled baking dish.
- Defrost and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.