- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- In Dutch oven or soup pot, simmer onion and celery in small amount of water.
- Add tomatoes and mash into small pieces.
- Add beans and liquid.
- Add chili powder and white pepper to suit taste. (Salt may be added, if you want.) Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir occasionally.
- Prepare rice in separate saucepan according to package directions.
- To serve, place small amount of prepared rice in each bowl.
- Top with chili mixture and stir.