Recipe by Desert Mermaid
Great meatless meal or cut up and saute a chicken breast or two to switch it up. I created this recipe myself tonight. Sounded like a good blend so decided to try it. Putting it down to save , but thought I would share as well. I served this with garlic bread . It would be good with a green salad as well. I like to season with Mrs. Dash low sodium seasoning as we are trying to watch our sodium. I also use Smart balance Buttery Spread in place of the butter. Amounts are just estimates. You can add more or less of what you like for your own taste.
- 12 ounces of bowtie pasta
- 1 medium onion
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 ounces of sliced olives
- 5 ounces reduced fat feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup sundried tomatoes
- salt or low sodium seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- meanwhile, slice onion and saute in olive oil , season with pepper and salt.
- when onions are soft and carmelized remove from frying pan to bowl.
- saute washed mushrooms in 1 tablespoon butter or buttery spread.
- when mushrooms are sauted ,add onions back to pan and add sun dried tomatoes , feta cheese , olives , and garlic.
- mix well and keep warm while pasta finishes cooking.
- when pasta is finished , drain and put in large bowl.
- add 1 tablespoon butter to pasta and toss , add contents of frying pan.
- mix well.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.