Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great meatless meal or cut up and saute a chicken breast or two to switch it up. I created this recipe myself tonight. Sounded like a good blend so decided to try it. Putting it down to save , but thought I would share as well. I served this with garlic bread . It would be good with a green salad as well. I like to season with Mrs. Dash low sodium seasoning as we are trying to watch our sodium. I also use Smart balance Buttery Spread in place of the butter. Amounts are just estimates. You can add more or less of what you like for your own taste.
- 12 ounces of bowtie pasta
- 1 medium onion
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 ounces of sliced olives
- 5 ounces reduced fat feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup sundried tomatoes
- salt or low sodium seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- meanwhile, slice onion and saute in olive oil , season with pepper and salt.
- when onions are soft and carmelized remove from frying pan to bowl.
- saute washed mushrooms in 1 tablespoon butter or buttery spread.
- when mushrooms are sauted ,add onions back to pan and add sun dried tomatoes , feta cheese , olives , and garlic.
- mix well and keep warm while pasta finishes cooking.
- when pasta is finished , drain and put in large bowl.
- add 1 tablespoon butter to pasta and toss , add contents of frying pan.
- mix well.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
This was okay would've been excellent without the tomatoes but tried it as stated. Thanks for an easy and meatless meal that made a lot.
Delicious!!! This has instantly become my family's new favorite meal, I have made four times in the past month. Even my meat loving husband and picky four year old are happy to hear we are having it for dinner. Thanks for sharing Desert Mermaid!!!