Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
The tomato sauce in this recipe also goes with my Spicy Pasta Casserole recipe, so you can make a batch ahead and use it for both these dishes. Both recipes are designed for two people, but can be doubled or tripled.
- 14 ounces canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small fresh chili peppers or 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 pinch fennel seed
- 1 pinch brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces fresh ravioli (or any other stuffed pasta such as tortellini)
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare (or reheat) tomato sauce and spread in bottom of a large, shallow baking dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, and turn into the dish with tomato sauce.
- Make cheese sauce. Melt butter in medium pan. Stir in the flour until absorbed. Gradually add milk and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened. Add cheese and continue cooking until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon cheese sauce over the pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the top is golden and sauce is bubbling.