Super Wifey's Note:
The tomato sauce in this recipe also goes with my Spicy Pasta Casserole recipe, so you can make a batch ahead and use it for both these dishes. Both recipes are designed for two people, but can be doubled or tripled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small fresh chili peppers or 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 pinch fennel seed
- 1 pinch brown sugar
- 1Prepare (or reheat) tomato sauce and spread in bottom of a large, shallow baking dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, and turn into the dish with tomato sauce.
- 3Make cheese sauce. Melt butter in medium pan. Stir in the flour until absorbed. Gradually add milk and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened. Add cheese and continue cooking until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Spoon cheese sauce over the pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the top is golden and sauce is bubbling.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatless Baked Ravioli in Tomato Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.0
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.3 mg
- Sodium 1077.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: