Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
from the multicultural cookbook for students comes this interesting recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 cups grated potatoes
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- put meat, potatoes & carrots in a large mixing bowl, add egg & milk & using mixing spoon or clean hands, blend well.
- mix together flour, sugar, salt, 1 teaspoon curry powder & baking powder in a medium mixing bowl. slowly add flour mixture to meat mixture, mixing continually with clean hands.
- heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over medium-high heat. using clean hands shape mixture into patties(about 1/2 cup size) and place side-by-side in hot skillet. allow room to turn patties. fry for about 5 minute each side, or to desired doneness.
- continue frying patties until all the mixture is used, adding more oil if necessary. keep patties in warm place until serving time.