Recipe by Chef 920429
I found this recipe in Cooking Light magazine years ago.My family enjoys the meat balls,and I find them very easy to fix. For the weigh watcher,they are low in fat,carbohydrates and cholesterol
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 lb lean ground chuck
- 1⁄3 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-free grape jelly
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- For the meatballs: Coat a small saucepan with cooking spray;place over medium heat until hot.
- Add minced onion and next 7 ingredients in a bowl;stir.
- Place meatballs on a rack coated with cooking spray;place rack in a large,shallow pan.
- Bake at 375* for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with Sugarplum Dip.
- For the Sugarplum Dip: Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan,and cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated.
- Serve dip warm.
- Yield: 3/4 cup.