Recipe by Audrey
It is a good hot meal to serve the family, it was one my mother-in-law made for her family and my husband loves it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground deer meat
- 1⁄2 lb ground sausage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 small chopped onion
- 6 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (or more if needed)
- 4 cups tomato juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the ground beef, sasuage, salt, pepper, chili powder, onion, crackers, 1 beaten egg and 1 cup tomato juice.
- Shape into balls about the size of walnuts and bake at 350 about 30 minutes, turn and bake about 20 more minutes.
- You can drain the drippings off or leave them, sometimes I leave them if there is not too much grease.
- Mix remaining juice, cornstarch, a little chile powder and some of the dripping from the pan, I warm the sauce up in the microwave just a little before putting in the hot pan.
- Put back in the oven till juice thickens or is good and bubbly.