Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
These meatballs can be served as an appetizer with the sauce, or served over rice as a main meal.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- Mix and shape into 20 1" balls.
- Place in round casserole and bake at 350 stirring occasionally until done (about 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile make sauce:.
- Brown onion in butter.
- Stir in remaining sauce ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour over meatballs as soon as mixture reaches boiling point.
- Return to oven for about 10 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Absolutely awesome! These were some of the best cocktail meatballs I have ever had! The sauce is the prefect amount to glaze the meatballs without them being overly sloppy and the taste...yummy! I served these at a party I attended and it was the first dish gone! This is a keeper!
I did not care for this recipe,it tasted too much like ketchup. When I first made it I messed up and left out the ketchup. It was really good, but there wasn't much I thought I messed it up so I looked over the recipe and realized I forgot the ketchup. I remade the sauce with the ketchup. Next time I will leave out the ketchup and triple everything else. It was great like that.