1/1 Photo of Meatballs With Sweet & Sour Sauce
I love this technique for creating a smooth sauce that the kids really love. Meatballs could be made with pork mince or minced chicken for variation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 450 g minced beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 apple, grated
- 50 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- salt and pepper
- 1Mix all ingredients together for the meatballs and process in a food processor for a few seconds.
- 2Using floured hands, form into about 20 meatballs.
- 3Fry the meatballs until browned all over for about 10 minutes.
- 4To make the sauce, first mix the soy sauce and cornflour in a small bowl
- 5Sauté the onion until transparent then add the red pepper and fry for a couple of minutes. Add the tomatoes, vinegar and sugar and season with pepper.
- 6Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 7Add the soy sauce mixture and cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally until it has thickened slightly.
- 8Blend and then sieve the sauce.
- 9Pour over the meatballs, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 10Serve on spaghetti.
- 11Hold onto your meatball, in case somebody sneezes!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatballs With Sweet & Sour Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.6
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 76.6 mg
- Sodium 707.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 24.1 g