Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a Hunt's recipes. Very delicious.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 12 ounces hunt's tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons Wesson Oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked and drained
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, 1 tbsp Hunt's Tomato Paste, onion, cheese, parsley, garlic and 1 tsp salt.
- Add beef and bread crumbs; mix thoroughly. Form into 20 balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Lightly brown in a Dutch oven on all sides in hot oil; drain.
- Blend remaining Hunt's Tomato Paste with hot water; sugar, basil, oregano, 1 tsp salt and the pepper in a bowl.
- Pour over meatballs.
- Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Uncover; simmer 10 minutes longer.
- Serve over spaghetti.
I actually used only the meatball recipe because I have a different sauce I like, but i had to comment because the meatball recipe is fantastic! I rarely use beef, so I used 1/2 ground venison and 1/2 ground lamb. Otherwise, I followed the meatball recipe to a "t" and it was WONDERFUL. This is my new meatball recipe! Thanks!
I've made this several times now and it is delicious every time! Thanks for a great recipe!