Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This easy oven meal dresses up meatballs for a weekday meal or for a special occasion.
- 3 cups potatoes, thickly cut
- 2 cups onions, wedges
- 3 cups carrots, thick chunks
- 2 cups turnips, cut in sticks
- 2 cups parsnips, thick cut
- 8 large garlic cloves, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 red pepper, cut into thick wedges
- 1 lb cooked meatballs (recipe below)
- In large non-stick roasting pan toss mixed vegetables and garlic with oil, rosemary, 1 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoons pepper; spread out into single layer.
- Roast in 375 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until almost tender.
- Meatballs; Mix 1 lb. extra lean ground beef with 1 egg, 1/2 cup each dry bread crumbs and finely chopped onion, 1/2 teaspoons each salt and pepper and 1 tablespoons worcestershire sauce; shape into 1 inch (2.5 cm) balls.
- Stir in red pepper and meatballs; continue roasting about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Arrange in single layer in shallow baking pan; bake in 500 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink in center.