Recipe by rm0ren0
This is an update of the recipe my grandma used to make during WWII. It is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. Serve it with some veggies and you have a complete meal. Best of all it is really tasty!
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 14 ounces water (roughly)
- 2 cups dry white rice (not minute rice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix beef, bread crumbs salt and milk.
- Form into 12 meatballs.
- Put olive oil in a large sauce pan (8Qt.) and brown meatballs on all sides.
- In the mean time, drain and save water from mushrooms, set mushrooms aside.
- Add enough water to the mushroom water make 2 cups, pour in with browned meatballs.
- Pour out soup and add enough water to bring the volume to 2 cups; pour into pot.
- Add 2 cups dry white rice.
- Bring all to a rapid boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, stir to fluff rice and serve.