Recipe by sunny_day
I got this recipe from my Granny and it is one of my favourites. Best served over rice or egg noodles.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb pork
- 2 tablespoons steak or 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 cup carrot (sliced)
- 1 cup celery (sliced)
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 large green pepper (cut in strips)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients for meatballs and form into balls (approx. 36).
- In oiled skillet on medium heat, brown meatballs.
- After meatballs have been browned, add all other ingredients except the green peppers.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Add green peppers and cook for an additional 6 minutes or so uncovered until meatballs are completely cooked and veggies are to desired tenderness.
- Serve over rice or egg noodles.