Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Tradtional, Italian style, juicy meatballs. This can be cooked with beef, turky, chicken etc etc mince. It just depends on what your tastes are! This is a fab recipe!Serve it with a simple Sauce ( may I suggest my simple Italian Sauce ) as the meatballs have a flavour all of their own.
- 300 g premium ground beef
- 150 g sweet Italian sausage links, cases removed
- 2 1⁄2 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced sweet onions or 1 teaspoon white onion
- 1 teaspoon oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 egg
- olive oil
- In a bowl soak the bread in the milk until it soaks up most of milk.
- Once bread has done this, remove from bowl,disgard milk, roughly brake bread apart and place all of the other ingredients in a bowl with the bread and mix together.
- Roll the mixture into small/medium sized balls with your hands.
- Brown meat balls in pan with oil then place into oven for 10 minutes at 225 degrees.
- Add to a great Italian sauce and simmer for 60 minutes.
Since the meat mixture was in grams, I wasn't sure how much to use, so just guessed using a 1:2 ratio. These meatballs were tasty--more of a meatloaf texture and flavor.