Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Haven't tried yet. I will probably use turkey meatballs (I love the ones at Trader Joes) to cut down on the fat content.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 7 ounces uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 lb frozen cooked meatballs
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into cubes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- Bring broth to a boil in a large skillet. Add orzo and meatballs; return to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5-8 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Stir in tomatoes and zucchini. Cook 6-10 minutes or until veggies and orzo are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Very good. I used more broth and added crushed red pepper seeds for some extra spice. Also added green peppers
I made this last night for dinner and it had such good flavor. The only thing I will say is I used more broth than recipe stated-as I was waiting for the zucchini to get tender I felt it was too dry so I just added what I felt probably another 1/4 to 1/2 cup. Very good though thanks for giving me something to add to my rotation!