Recipe by SoCalCookerGal
This was one of my favorite meals that my Mom made when I was growing up.Its easy and affordable to make. It really sticks to your ribs.I serve this with homemade mashed potatoes. YUM! Kids love this recipe as well! Well heres the recipe In Loving Memory of My Mother........
Top Review by marbars
I forgot to buy an extra can of cream of mushroom soup, and the soup mix (oops), so I tried the recipe without it..it came out great! I did add about 1/3 cup of beef gravy to the one can of soup to make a bit of extra sauce ..came out tasting really good. I also added a small can of chopped mushrooms (we love mushrooms). I do suggest adding 1cup water to the cans of soup before adding to the pan..it mixes up better. Overall, It was a very delicious meal..my husband really liked it! Thanks
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs ground beef 1 oz. envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 -2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- about 1 cup water
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients(Onion Soup mix, bread crumbs & garlic salt) then add in the wet ingredients(water or beef broth, Worcestershire sauce & egg) mix together then add in the ground beef and incorporate all the ingredients together mix well.
- Now make meatballs about the size of your palm(maybe about 2 inches round) place all the meatballs in a large skillet and cook at medium high heat until cooked all the way through and browned on all sides.
- Once your meatballs are completely cooked keep the heat at medium high and then add in your water. The water will deglaze the bottom of your pan then add in the 2 cans of Cream of mushroom soup and mix it in with the water stirring until becomes a gravy. Turn the heat down to medium low and cover the skillet and cook until gravy is heated through.
- Serve with Mashed potatoes spoon the gravy over the meatballs and the potatoes! ENJOY =).