Recipe by Bone Man
This sounded great so I plan to make it within the next week. The Recipe comes from the Traverse Bay Fruit Company (Traverse City, Michigan). Traverse City and vicinity is the World's Capitol for great fresh CHERRIES.
Top Review by RecipeMonster
We enjoyed this dish very much, I served it on top of my Lemony Brown Basmati Rice. I did everything as stated in recipe except that I added one tablespoon fresh lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning to sauce. Thanks, I will definitely be making again.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together ground turkey, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, parsley flakes, poultry seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Shape into one-inch balls.
- Brown meatballs in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Remove meatballs from pan and remove any fat from the pan also.
- Heat ketchup and apricot preserves in the skillet, stirring until blended.
- Add dried cranberries to the sauce mixture.
- Add meatballs until coated with sauce. Simmer uncovered 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.