Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These make teriffic appetizers. Or serve them over rice for a meal.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Mix all meatball ingredients well.
- Shape into 1-1/2 inch balls.
- Place on rack in roasting pan.
- Bake at 400* for 15 minutes.
- Dill Sauce: Melt butter in saucepan.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Slowly add broth.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat; add yogurt.
- Reheat; stirring; do not boil.
Good recipe! I did not have plain yogurt, so I used sour cream instead, which was quite rich. Yogurt is the better choice in regard to fat content...I also substituted ground turkey for the ground beef and didn't use anywhere NEAR a full cup of half&half (!?) The dill taste was just right and there was plenty of sauce to go over the egg noodles. I will definitely make these again!
I was searching for something different to do with ground beef and this was a great choice. I used a full cup of half and half but it was too much. I had to add more ground beef to make the meat mixture not so mushy. It had a wonderful flavor with the right amount of dill weed. I served the meatballs over noodles. I will make this again, but I think the half and half should be reduced to about a 1/2 cup.