Recipe by Jill L. "Margaritta Lover"
A former co-worker shared this recipe with me. My husband likes these served with mashed potatoes. The savory cream sauce gives a tasty twist to meatballs.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
These are very flavorful and easy to throw together. Made as directed and served with buttered egg noodles. Will make again and try with mashed potatoes. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream or 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients.
- Add beef and mix well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in flour, shaking off excess.
- Place 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Turn meatballs; bake 12-15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour, thyme, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually add broth and cream; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Drain meatballs on paper towels; transfer to a serving dish.
- Top with sauce; sprinkle with parsley.