Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A former co-worker shared this recipe with me. My husband likes these served with mashed potatoes. The savory cream sauce gives a tasty twist to meatballs.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream or 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients.
- Add beef and mix well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in flour, shaking off excess.
- Place 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Turn meatballs; bake 12-15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour, thyme, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually add broth and cream; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Drain meatballs on paper towels; transfer to a serving dish.
- Top with sauce; sprinkle with parsley.