Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe will make you famous! I’ve made it for guests several times, and everybody loves it so far! Easy and different...
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg
- sweet soy sauce
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 16 ounces apricots
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon thyme, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Mix the ground beef with the chopped onion, parsley, egg, soy sauce, pepper & salt and the breadcrumbs until you get a firm mixture. Roll medium sized meatballs with your hands from this mixture.
- Put them in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Or do this part before going to work.
- Separate the apricots from its juice, but save both.
- Cook the meatballs in the margarine on medium high heat until well done and brown on each side.
- Transfer the meatballs on to a platter, and add the apricot juice into the pan.
- Add the honey and the thyme; let this cook for a minute.
- Thicken the sauce a little with cornstarch.
- Add the meatballs and the apricots and let them heat up.
These were sooooo good. I've never made meatballs before, but they were simple to make and the taste was so perfect.