Recipe by shellbee
Origanilly came from a Chateline magazine. Uses everyday ingedients and it is good
- 2 lbs lean hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 ounces apple jelly
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine hamburger with bread crumbs, egg and milk.
- Mix into 1 inch balls (or your size).
- Put on cookie sheet and bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring to a boil the apple jelly, ketchup, water and soup mix.
- Simmer sauce 15 minutes.
- Drain fat from the balls.
- Transfer to roast pan and cover with sauce.
- Bake 1 hour at 350°F.