Recipe by Chill
I got this recipe from a microwave cookbook I bought my mother 25 years ago. I love to serve these as appetizers for parties, and also with rice for dinner. This is a quick, tasty, easy recipe. Give it a try!!
Top Review by Bittersweetened
My sister made this for me, and it was a nice taste. She had made it before, but since it was the first time I had tried it, I thought I would review it. I am definitely glad she left out the cloves. I am looking forward to bringing the recipe home and making it for my self. Thanks for posting.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 slices fresh bread, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup reserved pineapple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (packed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple well, reserving syrup.
- Mix together beef, egg, bread crumbs, onion, salt, cloves, allspice and 2 tbsp syrup.
- Mold small amount of mixture around each pineapple chunk.
- Place meatballs in 12x8x2" glass dish.
- Cover with wax paper. Mirowave at High 4 minutes. Pour off meat juices.
- Stir together 1/3 c reserved syrup, ketchup and brown sugar. Pour over drained meatballs and microwave at high 3 to 5 minutes longer, or until done.