Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve as main dish or as appetizers. Mouthwatering!
Make and share this Meatballs - Slow Cooker/Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained and juices reserved
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb ground chicken or 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup fresh whole wheat bread crumbs (, 1 slice bread) or 1⁄2 cup fresh white breadcrumbs (, 1 slice bread)
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sugar-free grape jelly (to taste)
- Combine onion, diced tomatoes, ½ cup reserved juice, tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and jelly in slow cooker/crock pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW 3 to 4 hours or until onions are soft.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking time, prepare meatballs.
- Combine chicken, breadcrumbs, egg white, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper in medium bowl.
- With wet hands form mixture into 12 to 16 meatballs.
- Spray medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Add meatballs; cook about 8 to 10 minutes or until well browned on all sides.
- Add meatballs to the sauce in slow cooker; cook 1 to 2 hours or until meatballs are no longer pink in centers and are heated through.
- Serve with your favourite pasta or in submarine rolls.