Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are heavenly! From a friend who says the origin is "Frugal Gourmet Cooks Three Italian Cuisines".
- 907.18 g lean ground beef
- 226.79 g ground pork
- 170.09 g pancetta, diced very small (or bacon)
- 170.09 g prosciutto, sliced thin and chopped (or ham)
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml chopped parsley (or dried, to taste)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed (more, to taste)
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs (if using gluten-free, no need to soak)
- 236.59 ml milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste (may not need much salt at all due to the pancetta or proscuitto)
- 59.14 ml olive oil, for browning
- 907.18-1814.36 g tomato sauce, of your choice
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Shape mixture into balls and then brown in oil.
- Place meatballs in sauce and simmer about 1/2 hour or so until heated through to your liking.