Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are heavenly! From a friend who says the origin is "Frugal Gourmet Cooks Three Italian Cuisines".
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 6 ounces pancetta, diced very small (or bacon)
- 6 ounces prosciutto, sliced thin and chopped (or ham)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped parsley (or dried, to taste)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed (more, to taste)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (if using gluten-free, no need to soak)
- 1 cup milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste (may not need much salt at all due to the pancetta or proscuitto)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, for browning
- 32 -64 ounces tomato sauce, of your choice
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Shape mixture into balls and then brown in oil.
- Place meatballs in sauce and simmer about 1/2 hour or so until heated through to your liking.