These are heavenly! From a friend who says the origin is "Frugal Gourmet Cooks Three Italian Cuisines".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 6 ounces pancetta, diced very small (or bacon)
- 6 ounces prosciutto, sliced thin and chopped (or ham)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped parsley (or dried, to taste)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed (more, to taste)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (if using gluten-free, no need to soak)
- 1Mix all ingredients together.
- 2Shape mixture into balls and then brown in oil.
- 3Place meatballs in sauce and simmer about 1/2 hour or so until heated through to your liking.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatballs Roman Style - Frugal Gourmet Jeff Smith
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 969.7
- Calories from Fat 504
- Total Fat 56.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 367.9 mg
- Sodium 1677.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 73.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: