Recipe by Timothy H.
These are great for any type of fun. Excellent for tailgating,home parties or just in need for meatballs.
- 1⁄2 cup bottled red French dressing
- 1 slice dry bread, crumbled
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground veal
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 10 1⁄2 ounces condensed beef broth
- 1 cup red wine or 1 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the bread and dressing in a large bowl. Mix the meats lightly with your hands in a bowl.Add the meats to the dressing and the add onion,egg,salt,pepper, lemon juice, and parsley mix throughly.
- Shape into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and brown in butter on all sides in a large skillet.When browned, remove from the skillet. Pour off excess fat and cool the skillet slightly. Then put the flour in the skillet, slowly add the bouillon and wine and stir until smooth.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened. Add the meatballs. Bring to a boil,cover and cook, stirring gently once or twice for about 30 minutes. Makes about 40-45 meatballs.