Recipe by Eyemadreamer
This is one of the very first dishes I made when I first got married and it is one of our top favorite dishes. It is a comfort food for me. It's not a soup dish, it's thicker than soup.
Top Review by buffyfan#1
I followed the recipe exactly except that I used homemade meatballs and 2 cans of beef broth. The beef broth was absorbed so it was more like pasta and meatballs with sauce but since I don't like soup, that was fine with me. My hubby and son loved it and had 2 bowls. I thought it was alright. the meatballs were the best part. Still, since they liked it so much, it will go into my usual rotation.
- 1 lb frozen meatballs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute onions in olive oil until tender.
- Add beef broth, bring to a boil.
- Stir in orzo, meatballs and tomatoes, return to a boil.
- Cover & reduce to medium heat. Simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Serve in bowls, sprinkle grated parmesan cheese ontop if desired.