Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A mild creamy sauce from a convenient shelf product. If making porcupines you must add 1 1/4 cups water to the condensed cream of mushroom soup.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Beat egg in bowl with spoon. Mix in next 6 ingredients in order given. Shape into 25 balls.
- Brown meatballs in cooking oil in frying pan. Pile into 2 quart (2 L) casserole.
- Mix soup and remaining milk together. Pour over meatballs. Bake covered in 350°F oven for about 1 hour.
- PORCUPINES: Add 1/4 cup long grain rice to meat mixture. Shape into at least 25 balls. Place in single layer in pan allowing room for expansion. Combine soup with 1 1/4 cups water. Pour over top. Cover. Bake in 350 F oven for 1 hour or until rice is cooked. Serves 4 to 5.
- Company’s Coming Main Courses.