Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is my own recipe for meatballs, my fmaily loves them. I usually make a big batch, after the leftovers have cooled I bag them in smaller portions in freezer bags and freeze them. I hope you enjoy these a much as we do.
- 1 lb meatloaf mix (beef, veal, pork)
- 1 slice white bread (cubed)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped fine
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 (16 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup chianti wine (or whatever good red wine you have)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Italian spices (your preference)
- Cube bread into a small bowl and pour milk on top, let this sit a few minutes to absorb.
- to a mixing bowl add:.
- garlic salt.
- parm cheese.
- beaten egg.
- squeeze some milk out of the bread ( but leave very moist), and crumble into the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Mix very well with hands, form into tightly packed golf balls.
- Add all sauce ingredients into crockpot set to low and stir.
- drop meatballs ( RAW) into sauce.
- DO NOT STIR!
- cover and cook on low for at least 8 hours.
- after the first 2 hours stir regulary.
This was a very easy preparation, and the meatballs were delicious. I thought the sauce was a little bland.. I'll spice it up a little next time, and there will be a next time.