Recipe by 4Susan
You've gotta try these! The flavor of the lil' smokies gets into the meatballs and the sauce is divine - nicely sweet with a little spice from the chili sauce (not hot). Omit the horseradish if you don't like any heat. You can make these in the crockpot, the oven, or an electric skillet.
Top Review by Chef Babz
I made these for a party and everyone loved them. Since I was hosting I did not have the time to make meatballs so I used frozen meatballs instead. Such and interesting mix of flavors. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix (Lipton)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce (Heinz)
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 (18 ounce) jar grape jelly
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (1 lb) package Little Smokies sausage
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine all ingredients for meatballs and mix well.
- Using about 1 tablespoon of mixture, form balls and place in shallow baking dish; Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from oven, stir in sausages.
- Combine sauce ingredients, pour over meatballs & sausages, return to oven for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Or arrange meatballs and sausages in the crock pot, cover with sauce and let cook 2 hours or more.
- SKILLET: 1st bake the meatballs, mix and heat the sauce on your stove top, then add all along with the sausages to an electric skillet and simmer for an hour or until sauce thickens.