Recipe by KeyWee
Tender & delicious meatballs adapted from a recipe used at Dan Marino's Town Tavern in Florida. You don't need teeth to eat these!!
Top Review by Bergy
Kelly I used lean ground Lamb and these meatballs were fabulous. Had some frozen homemade gravy so served that on the side with Mashed potatoes, baby carrots and snowpeas, Very, very good Thanks
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh minced garlic
- 2 cups romano cheese
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup onion (finely diced)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper (coarsely ground)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine onion, garlic & parsley.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Form into 2" balls.
- Place meatballs on a jelly roll pan (or use a cookie sheet with a "lip").
- Place tray in oven and pour about 1/2 cup of water into pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven and pour off liquid.
- Serve with your favorite Italian sauce and pasta.