Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Mediterranean tapa recipe
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 scallions, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups canned plum tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
- combine first nine ingredients.
- using your hands form 12-15 balls from the mixture.
- heat olive oil in skillet over med/high heat, add the meatballs and brown on all sides.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, basil and rosemary.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, serve hot.
Great just as is it is. Can be frozen and is tasty with cous cous.