Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Meatballs and a unique sauce, great served with your favorite pasta, or as meatball subs on a crusty bread, with melted mozzarella and dipped into sauce.
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 59.14 ml catsup
- 118.29 ml fine cracker crumb
- 297.66 g can tomato soup
- 473.18 ml water
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 236.59 ml celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- Mix beef, egg, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp chili powder, catsup and cracker crumbs.
- Form into balls about the size of a walnut.
- Set aside until the gravy is boiling.
- Meanwhile combine remaining ingredients in a ovenproof dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil.
- Drop meatballs into boiling tomato gravy and cook 3 minutes.
- Cover and place in oven.
- Bake at 350 for at least 1 hour.
- Serve over spaghetti.
We had this for lunch and we thoroughly enjoyed it! I added some miced garlic to the meatballs out of habit. We ate it as subs but for leftovers I will serve over angel hair pasta. Thanks!
Made as directed, the sauce was soupy, not even as thick as a gravy. The meatballs were mushy. I thought the entire dish was bland & boring. I served mine on extra wide buttered noodles.
My husband absolutely loved this and insisted I give it five stars! I thought the addition of katchup in the meatballs was a really good idea, and leaving it in the oven makes it really easy and hassle free. Thanks for sharing!