Recipe by LAURIE
Meatballs and a unique sauce, great served with your favorite pasta, or as meatball subs on a crusty bread, with melted mozzarella and dipped into sauce.
Top Review by Kikimony
We had this for lunch and we thoroughly enjoyed it! I added some miced garlic to the meatballs out of habit. We ate it as subs but for leftovers I will serve over angel hair pasta. Thanks!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup fine cracker crumb
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 beef bouillon cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix beef, egg, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp chili powder, catsup and cracker crumbs.
- Form into balls about the size of a walnut.
- Set aside until the gravy is boiling.
- Meanwhile combine remaining ingredients in a ovenproof dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil.
- Drop meatballs into boiling tomato gravy and cook 3 minutes.
- Cover and place in oven.
- Bake at 350 for at least 1 hour.
- Serve over spaghetti.