1/1 Photo of Meatballs in Salsa
1 hr 20 mins
This recipe is here through the courtesy of the great Mildred "Mama Dip" Council. If you didn't yet know about this great Southern treasure, read up on her life story and buy her cookbook. You will not regret it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) jar prepared hot salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 lb ground sirloin (or lean ground beef)
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (I use fresh minced garlic and salt, but this is the original recipe)
- 2 tablespoons prepared steak sauce (like A1)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1Combine the salsa with the tomato sauce in a saucepan and start warming together over low heat.
- 2Mix the remaining ingredients together with your hands until thoroughly combined.
- 3Form the mixture into 20 1-inch balls.
- 4Bake the meatballs on a cookie sheet or baking pan at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- 5Transfer the meatballs to a casserole, pour the heated sauce over the top and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- 6Turn the oven off, leaving the dish inside, and let it set in the cooling oven for 20 to 25 minutes until serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatballs in Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.6
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 145.7 mg
- Sodium 917.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 32.4 g