Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this recipe from a Meijers brand Cream of Mushroom Soup can label. It came out creamy, warm and satisfying; even my picky eaters ate it. We had it over angel hair pasta, but I'm sure it would be delicious over rice or a couscous as well. I didnt want to lose the recipe, so I wanted to post on here. I'm sure it could be tweaked into a Crockpot recipe, too.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (I used Olive oil)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup low-fat milk (I used whole milk because thats what I had on hand)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb frozen meatballs (I had made my own)
- 1⁄2 lb linguine, uncooked (I used angel hair, but I think any rice would be ok too)
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender.
- Stir in soup, milk, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add meatballs.
- Cover; simmer 10-15 minutes or until meatballs are thawed and heated.
- Serve over noodles. Garnish with chopped parsley (I used dry Italian seasoning).
I loved this recipe! I didn't do anything different and we still loved it!
Nice recipe. I used frozen meatballs (on hand & in a hurry for dinner) and was serving over rice, becasuse of this I opt'd to add a tsp of cornstarch, to thicken so sauce would sit on rice not run through it. I too added garlic minced, and a dash of ground red pepper. I also altered the milk, by using the 2% as called for but only 3/4C and about 1/4C heavy cream. I loved the sauce but next time I will make with homemade meatballs, as recommended or mentioned,will also use more mushrooms. Thanks Keth for sharing
This was a delicious easy week night meal. I pre cooked Kittencal's meatballs Kittencal's Italian Melt-In-Your-Mouth Meatballs and served it with pasta and zucchini. I also added fresh garlic to the mix. Yum, all the creamy taste without the fat. Thanks for posting keth.