Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and easy--from start to finish in less than 30 minutes.
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons beef base (bullion)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (7 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 lbs frozen precooked meatballs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a dutch oven, cook onion in olive oil until starting to soften.
- Stir in garlic, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add 3 cups water.
- Stir in soup mix,paprika,soup base and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add frozen meatballs.
- Heat on medium high heat until meatballs are heated through. about 15 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, sour cream and mushrooms.
- Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup water in a small bowl.
- Slowly stir in cornstarch mixture a little at a time until you reach the desired thickness.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or buttered noodles.
This is the exact recipe I've been searching for awhile. I make meatballs in mushroom gravy for x-mas and have tried several different recipes. I think what makes this recipe stand out is the onion soup mix, paprika & worcestershire sauce. I've also tried a variation where I add beef gravy for the water/boullion and mushroom soup or yogurt for the sour cream. Sometimes I will also add dried onions &/or roasted garlic. Amended for cooking in a slow cooker. Great recipe, thanks for sharing.
I am only giving this recipe 4 stars though it could have been my fault. I used some beef broth instead of the water/bullion that the recipe called for and it seemed kindof bland to us...
I made this last week and it we loved it; I served it with spaetzles.