Quick and easy--from start to finish in less than 30 minutes.
Make and share this Meatballs in Hungarian Sour Cream Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons beef base (bullion)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (7 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 lbs frozen precooked meatballs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a dutch oven, cook onion in olive oil until starting to soften.
- Stir in garlic, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add 3 cups water.
- Stir in soup mix,paprika,soup base and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add frozen meatballs.
- Heat on medium high heat until meatballs are heated through. about 15 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, sour cream and mushrooms.
- Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup water in a small bowl.
- Slowly stir in cornstarch mixture a little at a time until you reach the desired thickness.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or buttered noodles.