Prep 55 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Here are two nibble things that can be made ahead of time to have with drinks etc.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 100 g butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups cheese, grated (tasty)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 250 g beef, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Process flour, pepper and butter until combined.
- Add cheese, process until mixture forms a ball.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll pastry between sheets of greaseproof paper until 2mm thick.
- Cut into 4cm rounds, top each with a meatball.
- Fold pastry to enclose meatballs completely, roll into balls.
- Brush top with egg, sprinkle with seeds, place about 3cm apart on greased oven trays.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven about 15 minutes or until lightly browned; cool before serving.
- MEATBALLS:- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; mix well.
- Roll level teaspoons of mixture into balls.
- You can make three hours ahead of time and cooked balls freeze well.
These little appetizers are so different than any I have ever had. I loved the flavors and everyone at my party popped them in their mouths one ofter another until they were gone, about 10 minutes actually!