Recipe by Doreen Randal
Here are two nibble things that can be made ahead of time to have with drinks etc.
Top Review by Beep Beep Momma's Taxi
These little appetizers are so different than any I have ever had. I loved the flavors and everyone at my party popped them in their mouths one ofter another until they were gone, about 10 minutes actually!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 100 g butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups cheese, grated (tasty)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 250 g beef, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Process flour, pepper and butter until combined.
- Add cheese, process until mixture forms a ball.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll pastry between sheets of greaseproof paper until 2mm thick.
- Cut into 4cm rounds, top each with a meatball.
- Fold pastry to enclose meatballs completely, roll into balls.
- Brush top with egg, sprinkle with seeds, place about 3cm apart on greased oven trays.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven about 15 minutes or until lightly browned; cool before serving.
- MEATBALLS:- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; mix well.
- Roll level teaspoons of mixture into balls.
- You can make three hours ahead of time and cooked balls freeze well.