Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Made this for entertaining, TRUE! Simple, EASY to do, Combination of ingredients are just THAT bit different as well, How long til someone tries this? Only time will tell!
- 400 g ground beef (Mince)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon prepared garlic, from jar or 2 cloves garlic, crushed (Personal preference)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 onion
- 4 cups beef stock (Can use Store bought for easier and quicker preparation)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (Fresh or Store Bought)
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- salt and pepper
- COMBINE Ground Beef/Mince, Breadcrumbs, 1 TABLESPOON Chilli Sauce, Onion, Salt and Pepper; Mix WELL.
- ROLL into balls and place on tray; Refrigerate until ready to use.
- COMBINE Beef Stock, Brown Sugar, Lime Juice and remaining chilli sauce in a Saucepan; Bring to a BOIL.
- REDUCE heat to low, ADD Meatballs, until cooked through (About 8-10 minutes).
- Add Trimmed Spinich Leaves right before serving until spinich had wilted.
I had mixed reviews from my diners; everything from stellar to average fare. I adapted this to prepare in the crockpot so my changes might be responsible. We made the meatballs and somehow missed the instructions the onions were supposed to be a part of the meat mixture. The meatballs were carefully placed in a single layer in the crockpot and we added a chopped onion and chopped red bell pepper on top, followed by the seasonings and only TWO cups of broth. After cooking the liquid was very thin so I thickened with a cornstarch slurry to end up with a sauce to serve with asian rice and steamed veggies. If I were to make this again I would increase the spices in the meatballs (& add the onion). However the mildness was one diners favorite aspect of the recipe. Made for Fall 2012 Pick A Chef.