Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 slices dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces beer
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Brown onion in butter, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Mix pork, beef and dry bread rolled into crumbs.
- Combine with onions.
- Add the egg; mix well, and form into small balls.
- Roll them in a small amount of flour.
- Brown the meat balls in the 3 tablespoons of butter.
- When well browned, add beer and lemon juice.
- Cover and let simmer 30 minutes.
- Serve with buttered noodles sprinkled with toasted crumbs.
These were good! I used ground nutmeg but followed all other ingredients and steps as directed. I served these over buttered noodles. I made gravy (a powder mix from an envelope) and slowly stirred in the remaining broth that the meatballs simmered in until desired thickness.