Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This a light, quick and easy recipe that I found on Yahoo Shine! I kept loosing it, so I finally decided to put it on here. This is great for a fast summer supper or maybe in the winter with soup. The sauce is thrown into the blender and then heated with meatballs. It is SOOO Yummy! Even my "Can't we have steak again?" DH likes it. Which is saying a lot. I buy the precut bag of romaine in the produce section to save time.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 bunch flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (16 -18 ounce) bagfrozen cooked italian style meatballs, thawed
- 6 ciabatta rolls, split and toasted
- In a food processor or blender, combine the olive oil,lemon juice,parsley and garlic. Cover and process until finely chopped. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer parsley mixture to a large skillet; add meatballs and heat through, covered, on medium heat, stirring and spooning sauce over meatballs occasionally.
- Place one ciabatta roll, toasted side up, on each plate. Top with romaine. Remove meatballs from skillet with a slotted spoon;place atop romaine. Drizzle warm parsley sauce mixtured atop. Cover with other half of roll.
- I also sometimes grate some parm or reggiano over it for a little kick of flavor.