Recipe by JoJoStar
I saw these meatballs being made on TV and my mouth would not stop watering. I made them the next night and they tasted even better than I expected!
Top Review by carmenskitchen
I was very happy with the results of these meatballs. I was actually trying to find a lost recipe of mine for meatballs and this one seemed to be the closest match. Thank you very much for posting, they were really awesome!
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 small shallot, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped fine
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- coarse salt
- black pepper
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place breadcrumbs in large bowl, add milk to moisten. Set aside.
- Add shallot amd parsley to breadcrumb mixture along with beef, pork, eggs, garlic powder, and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, mix until well combined but not over mixed.
- Lightly coat hands with olive oil.
- Roll meat mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Heat 1 inch olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook meatballs in batches until browned on all sides, 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer meatballs to a baking sheet lined with papertowels.
- Let drain.