Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Dark and glossy, these are baked with a great sauce.
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 6 ounces lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (regular)
- 1⁄3 cup apricot jam
- Stir egg, onion, salt and pepper together in bowl. Add bread crumbs. Stir.
- Add ground beef. Mix. If too soft, add a touch more crumbs. Shape into 1 inch balls. Arrange on broiler pan. Broil for about 10 minutes each side or bake in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes. Turn into ungreased 8 x 8 inch pan.
- SAUCE: Measure barbecue sauce and jam into small bowl. Stir. Spoon over meatballs in pan being sure to get some on every one. Bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes. Makes 13 meatballs.
- Company’s Coming Cooking for Two.