Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are fantastic (and fantastically convenient) basic meatballs. I love the fact that I can get 4 batches of meatballs made all at once. When I cook them in spaghetti sauce, I normally serve half of them over pasta, and then use the other half to make meatball subs. I try to keep these in my freezer at all times. (Cooking time is freezing time.)
- Mix together the beef and pork with your hands until well-integrated.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine.
- Cover a sheet pan with wax paper. Form the mixture into 48 1-inch meatballs, placing them on the pan as you go, spacing them out so they're not touching each other.
- Cover the top of the meatballs with plastic wrap, and place the pan flat in the freezer.
- Freeze for at least 12 hours.
- At this point, transfer the frozen meatballs in batches of 12 to quart sized freezer bags.
- TO SERVE:.
- Defrost 1 bag of meatballs.
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees.
- Pour a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (or your favorite recipe) into a deep 4 quart baking dish and place it in the oven.
- Brown the meatballs on all sides in a skillet.
- Carefully submerge the meatballs in the hot sauce, and return the dish to the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.