Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple recipe, but tasty, and with ingredients always on hand. Any leftovers make good sandwiches, or a topping for pizza when sliced up.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 ounces grated romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- Mix spices with breadcrumbs and grated cheese.
- Thoroughly combine with remaining ingredients, by hand.
- Shape into balls.
- Brown in olive oil on all sides, or alternatively, bake in 400 degree oven for approx.
- 20 to 30 minutes, till browned but not cooked through.
- The meatballs maintain their shape better using the oven method.
- Add to spaghetti sauce and simmer for 30 minutes before serving.
I really liked how these turned out! I used half turkey and half beef. I made them a little big but they were a big hit with the kids so we'll make them again!
I thought these were just OK and won't be making them again. I can't imagine I did anything wrong since the recipe is very simple but am baffled after reading other reviews. Sorry.
This was my first time making meatballs and this recipe is a keeper! My husband loved them and requested them again soon. (I also used parmesan instead of romano and added garlic.) LATER: I forgot to mention that I have used turkey in them as well with delicious results!