Recipe by Chef susan from Sandpoint,Idaho
It is very cold here, 20 degees below normal with bone chilling wind so I wanted something to warm us up ,we really enjoyed these hope you do too
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 226.79 g pork sausage
- 1 beaten egg
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- 29.58 ml milk
- season salt (optional) or 2.46 ml caraway seed (optional)
- 29.58 ml shortening
- 1 small onion
- 236.59 ml sliced celery
- 283.49 g tomatoes with habanero peppers (rotel)
- 10 once cream of mushroom soup
- 113.39 g cream cheese
- 113.39 g sour cream
- 78.07 ml water
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml season salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- 473.18-709.77 ml chopped cabbage
- 1 medium bell pepper, cup in strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients and form into balls approx 20 mid size.
- heat a large pot or dutch oven add shortning, when hot brown the meatballs on all sides I did it in two batches.
- remove and drain on paper towels.
- saute the celery and onions until soft. return meatballs to pan.
- add tomatos, soup, cream ,cheese, sour cream, water and seasonings.
- simmer for 45 mnutes.
- add cabbage and bell peppers simmer for 15 mintues or until veggies are to your liking.